Kindle 2 Easter Eggs
- Minesweeper can be started by pressing Alt-Shift-M in the home screen.
- Picture viewer is hidden within Kindle 2. To activate it connect Kindle via USB cable to your PC and create “pictures” folder in Kindle USB disk. Create subfolders there and copy pictures. Subfolders will become “book” names and pictures will be pages. JPG, PNG and GIF files are known to be supported. Once you’ve copied the files, disconnect the USB cable and press Alt-Z in the home screen – you should see your picture folders among books now.
- You can take screenshots of almost any screen in Kindle by pressing ALt-Shift-G. Screenshots are stored as GIF files in the /documents folder
- Symbol shortcuts. When entering text folling shortcuts work:
- Alt-6 – ? (question mark)
- Alt-7 – , (comma)
- Alt-8 – : (colon)
- Alt-9 – ” (double quotes)
- Alt-0 – ‘ (apostrophe)
- Search commands. Typing @help in the search string will display other supported search commands like @dict, @url etc.
- Hidden settings. While in settings type one of the following:
- 411 – shows diagnostic data
- 611 – shows current radio diagnostics data and keeps refreshing it
Sadly, all location based Google maps services in the browser seem to be disabled.