Amazon’s(NASDAQ:AMZN) first publishing imprint, AmazonEncore, has announced plans to bring us ten titles for the fall of this year from a variety of areas. For those who are unaware, AmazonEncore is a program that uses information from the Amazon.com site, in the form of sales trends, review data, etc, to identify new or outstanding works that deserve a wider audience and introduce or re-introduce these books to the public through both digital and print media.
This fall’s lineup will include:
- A Scattered Life by Karen McQuestion
- Sweet Farts: Rippin’ it Old School by Raymond Bean
- The First Assassin by John J. Miller
- Russell Wiley is Out to Lunch by Richard Hine
- AWOL on the Appalachian Trail by David Miller
- Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese
- Shaken by J.A. Konrath
- The Grove by John Rector
- Final Price by J. Gregory Smith
- MetaGame by Sam Landstrom
These titles range from self-published works, including what I believe to be the first self-published Kindle edition to get optioned for a movie(A Scattered Life), to complete originals. There’s something there for almost any audience. So check them out. Seriously. Go on, I can wait. Anyway, it’s good stuff. Clichès aside, I’m going to go order some of my own now.